Thursday, January 20, 2005

Update: I don't think they'll be serving Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs!

I want to go just to see whats on the menu...
Tarbell to provide catering for Phoenix NASCAR events Motorsports International Corp., which does business under the trade name Americrown, has entered into a strategic agreement with celebrity Valley chef Mark Tarbell. Under the agreement, Tarbell, the owner of eclectic Phoenix restaurant Tarbell's, will provide catering services at Phoenix International Raceway for the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series events. Phoenix International Raceway has two such events this year, the Subway Fresh 500 on April 23 (a Saturday night race under the lights) and the Checker Auto Parts 500 Nov. 13. Both events have support races in the days prior to the Nextel Cup contest.
Tarbell received his culinary training at La Varenne in Paris and studied wine at one of Paris' most renowned schools, the academie du Vin. "I like to find ways to combine the things I enjoy," said Tarbell. "I'm a car enthusiast and a chef who believes in uncomplicated food like Mom used to make, so the chance to create delicious recipes for NASCAR is about as perfect as it gets." Motorsports International Corp. is a subsidiary of Florida-based International Speedway Corp. (NASDAQ: ISCA), which also owns and/or operates 11 of the nation's top motorsports facilities, including Phoenix International Raceway. Its Americrown unit was founded in 1989 to serve the catering, food and beverage concessions and merchandising needs of ISC facilities. For more: www.phoenixraceway.com or www.tarbells.com.
Update: I forgot to mention that recipies are available on Tarbells.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for accessories information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!