Monday, January 31, 2005

You may have noticed a lack of posts over the weekend...

I spent the weekend with family to celebrate my and my father's birthdays. I can't believe he's 75... Enough about age, the highlight of the weekend for me was the time I spent with my youngest nephew. In his words, "We had fun!" I put him to bed Saturday night and as we talked, I told him stories about his mother and his aunt (my other sister) and he asked questions it was great... especially when his words became unintelligible and he drifted off to sleep. The next morning we had a nice laugh about how one minute he was talking and then he was asleep. The best part of our fun on Sunday was "hunting worms" with my nephew and his dog Levi. I would move the large terracotta pots that line the porch and yard and he would try to catch the worms before they went deeper below ground. After the worms he would go after the isopods (you may call them roly-poly, doodlebugs or pill bugs, I grew up calling them potato bugs); these he would put on the picnic table and Levi would then climb up onto the table and eat them... strange dog! Of course, this was hilarious to my nephew, but what 4 year old wouldn't think it was fun? It was hard to say goodbye... but when I called to let my sister know I was home safe, he answered the phone and got in trouble for not handing it over to an adult... he just kept talking to his Uncle Dave! :-)

No comments: