- Olive Oil
- Lean ground beef (96%)
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Garlic***
- Frozen Vegetables*
- Red Wine
- Onion soup mix
- Whole-wheat pasta
- In a hot sauce pan with a little olive oil
- I browned a little ground beef with salt and pepper [and garlic]***
- I followed by adding some frozen vegetables to saute a little
- Then I added a little red wine to deglaze
- Next I added water and brought to a boil
- Followed by onion soup mix (enough for the water based on the soup mix instructions)
- Next I broke up and added some whole wheat pasta (I don't like it as pasta but it works well in soups)
- Simmer until the pasta is done [add Soy Sauce to taste]**
*I'm debating a little soy sauce since I used a Cantonese mix for the vegetables.
**I decided to go with the soy, it adds a nice taste and depth to the soup.
***I've decided fresh garlic sauted with the beef would add a nice touch to the reipe.
****It tasts great to me, and it really feels good on my sore throat! Keep in mind I have the flu, but I think this is a winner. There you have it, a recipe created realtime as I made if for the very first time...
Serve with crackers and enjoy! (Might make a good title for a cooking blog, what do you think?)
Pan Fried Steak with Red Wine Reduction
Hot Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
Uncle Dave's Green Chili Stew
Corned Beef from Scratch