Friday, December 17, 2004

Stephen King Scares the Hell out of Tucson- final update

TCC fire blamed on dust, lighting | The Arizona Daily Star �: "Special-effects dust on the set of a Stephen King movie at the Tucson Convention Center was accidentally ignited by a halogen light, Tucson fire officials said Thursday. 'There was just the right concentration of air, heat and dust to cause it to flash,' said Deputy Chief Randy Ogden of the Tucson Fire Department. 'They weren't trying to create that type of event. The dust they were using was to simulate dust, not an explosion or a fire.' The Dec. 10 fire caused an estimated $2 million in damage to the convention center and the movie set, he said."

No comments: