Thursday, December 23, 2004

Affordable Housing is a Topic of Concern Lately

I for one think this is a real problem, it's good to see people starting to do something about it.
Fannie Mae and Realtors team up: "Fannie Mae has teamed up with the Arizona Association of Realtors to assist Valley businesses in helping their employees buy homes. Under the Housing Arizona's Workforce program, real estate agents will market a Fannie Mae housing initiative that encourages employers to offer customized housing incentives, ideally as a company
This fits in nicely with a story from yesterday.
Panel to tackle void in affordable housing: "Beginning teachers, police officers, firefighters and others can't afford to buy a home in many parts of metro Phoenix. That reality is the flip side of a years-long boom of appreciation in the nation's No. 1 housing market. 'We are heading toward a real housing crisis,' said residential real estate developer Gregg Holmes, president of Stardust Cos." Holmes is leading a group of business, civic and government leaders who are looking for solutions. Soaring housing costs and weak income gains have made it harder now for Valley residents to afford a home than any time since 1989.
Here's the surprising bit (for me anyway).
Despite record home sales across the Phoenix area, the state's homeownership rate has dropped since 2000. This signals that second-home buyers and investors are behind much of the current buying spree and are pushing prices above what actual residents can afford. The goal of the Regional Task Force on Quality Workforce Housing is to spur development of more homes for households earning $20,000 to $42,000 a year.

15 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
It may look like it was hard work, but my university of phoenix campus blog was simple.

job opportunitya said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
Please go over my nose plastic surgery blog.

job opportunitya said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
I was in love with your plastic surgery dallas blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Hey playa! You need to check out my plastic surgery prices blog.

job opportunitya said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Click on my vaginal plastic surgery blog before its to late.

job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Check out the blog site with my plastic surgery new york in it!

job opportunitya said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
I can't explain, but you need to check my bad credit plastic surgery financing blog!

job opportunitya said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
You must peep out my bad celebrity plastic surgery blog.

job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
I know that you love my work so, look up my demi moore plastic surgery blog.

job opportunitya said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
Everyday of the month you need to peep my plastic surgery miami blog.

job opportunitya said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I was in love with your lil kim plastic surgery blog site.

job opportunitya said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Check out my ear plastic surgery blog, please!

job opportunitya said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my atlanta plastic surgery blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
Stop by and look at my plastic surgery before and after photo blog site.

Ar Arkansas House Cleaning said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Please discover my fl florida house cleaning blog.