Friday, February 11, 2005

This is worthy of passing along...

It's from another Arizona blogger!
Mark Twain: Author, humorist, and Parrothead.
Mark Twain seemed like the kind of guy who relished being different. You ever notice that finger-in-a-light-socket hairdo he sported? "Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority," he once said, "it is time to reform." This early American Parrothead was famous for verbally smacking around politicians, religion, Englishmen, and even school boards.

Now, you know if Tully Mars named his horse after you, you had to be a Parrothead kind of guy. Why do you think he didn't name his horse "W"? I'll give credit where credit is due - that "one finger victory salute" Bush gave reporters was pretty cool - but I still wouldn't want to tailgate with the guy. Mark Twain, on the other hand, is a dude I'd like to hang out with and sip some Coronas, or maybe even a couple of Mark Twains, for that matter. This is the guy who said "There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry."

Ah, yes. A man after my own heart. After all, I'd rather die while I'm living, then live while I'm dead. Any questions? [Parrothead Ramblings]
You can also take a look at Part II and Part I.

No comments: