Saturday, February 19, 2005

Arizona Republic reports that teachers, in order to spare kids feelings, are using purple ink to correct papers...

I'd have to say that I'm in agreement with the Desert Rat on this one, but asside from politics, there are other reasons that this goes too far. Read this article from Scientific American and you'll see what I mean (requires subscription but you can get the jist in the free portion).
So, how far are liberals going to carry this 'blue thing' after losing the election??

First it was the blue states...then it was the blue wristbands...now liberals are bringing blue ink into the mix??

The Arizona Republic reports that teachers, in order to spare kids feelings, are using purple ink to correct papers...

Hey! if you got it wrong...it is WRONG...so go home and study and try again!

"Red is just so bold. It's kind of an angry color," says Meghan Dorsett, who teaches sixth-grade language arts and eighth-grade math at Skyline Junior High School in Peoria.

WTF!

Some of the other comments from educators:

Purple calls attention, but it doesn't scream at kids....

Purple is more fun. It doesn't have the same negative connotations as red....

If you get back a paper with a lot of red on it, you know you got a bad grade....

So...purple isn't a bad grade...purple is...what?

This is ridiculous...how are our children going to be prepared for a reality-based world? Political correctness at this level is taking the everybody-is-equal-let's-not-upset-anyone-by-singling-out-poor-performers-or-GOOD-performers...

This goes hand in hand with the schools that refused to have a class valedictorian because 'all the other students would feel bad'...what about the kid that did good?

Unbelievable...inconceivable...

DR

Hat tip: Ken Voight at KFYI
[Desert Rat Ramblings]

15 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Come as you are and look at my university of phoenix dallas blog.

job opportunitya said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
Check out the blog site with my charlotte plastic surgery in it!

job opportunitya said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Please take a journey to my atlanta plastic surgery blog.

job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
Want to see top notch work, peep my charlotte plastic surgery blog site for the bomb work!

job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Oh please, check for the blog site with my arizona center plastic surgery tucson az!

job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my plastic surgery breast implant blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
In my spare time I will look for your plastic surgery new york blog.

job opportunitya said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
I want you to stop and compare with my nose plastic surgery blog.

job opportunitya said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my lil kim plastic surgery blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Check out the blog site with my free plastic surgery in it!

job opportunitya said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my plastic surgery pic blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I want you to look for my plastic surgery georgia blog.

job opportunitya said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Check out the blog site with my plastic surgery minneapolis in it!

job opportunitya said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
I want you to look for my plastic surgery boston blog.

Ne Nebraska House Cleaning said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I want you to look for my or oregon house cleaning blog.