Wednesday, March 02, 2005

This breaks my heart too...

When I was a little kid I had a cousin who joined the Navy. He was assigned to the Enterprise which had F-14's. It was the first combat aircraft I took an interest in because of that. I still think it's movable wings make it the coolest fighter ever!
Some tech gets older and it has to be retired, I know it's true, but it can still be depressing. This story on the retiring of F-14s effects me so. I remember traveling to San Deigo and seeing them fly across the sky. I remember Top Gun and a buddy and I wanting to be pilots someday, though honestly I always liked the F/A-18 Hornet better. I took another path and never felt a loss after my high school days, I had too many good friends and great experiences to ever regret the choices I made. But the Tomcat has so much character I won't help but miss it. It's the gentle reminder of other dreams of an earlier day.

Goodbye dear Tomcat. [Bear Droppings]

No comments: